- Platform for online courses Distance learning postgraduate degrees, blended learning, short courses and executive education.
- My role - Head of Design and Innovation: Responsible for product design and innovation strategy and roadmap as well as cross-collaboration of the design, development, media and content teams.
- Product is under development for King's College London - King's Online.
Single platform that is controlled via one domain.
Design System that optimises the user experience design and allowing the re-usability of design and build components across the product.
Ability for non-developers to edit content, take shared ownership over outputs and improves processes and workflows.
Product Design & Innovation Strategy and Roadmap
Long term plan to transition towards a single solution, fully integrated platform, for a sustainable and scalable system.
Creation of a design system for modular, consistent and re-usable designs and build components to address both business and student needs.
Data-driven innovation management with a problem first approach and cross-functional teams leadership, encouraging R&D activities to improve processes and product.
Review & Establishment of User Centered Design
The use of several systems manually integrated and designed separately due to business constraints.
Lack of user's input led to the creation of an in-house UX team with ongoing research and design iterations to gather student's qualitative, quantitative, attitudinal and behavioural data to enhance their experience.
· · ·
- Platform for asynchronous, synchronous and blended online short courses
- My role - Digital Project Developer: Responsible for UX design and web development.
- Designed and built for University of the Arts London - Online Short Courses.
Decrease of 84% student queries and technical support calls.
Improvement of 62% of the business operational timings allowing scaling up and managing more courses at the same time.
Creation of a new Tutor area for sharing tips of how to run sessions effectively using the right tools to improve their experience as well as the their student's experience.
Prototyping Wireframes & Implementation
A new simplified design that show users only relevant UI components they may use, this includes different views for different user types: staff, tutors and students.
A new responsive design that works well for all screen sizes.
System Analysis, Heuristic Evaluation & UX Research
The system is based on Mahara (CMS / ePortfolio system), Moodle and Blackboard Collaborate.
The previous build was written a while back and was now going through an upgrade allowing the use of HTML5 and CSS3. To speed things up Bootstrap and jQuery were used.